Nutritional recovery during withdrawal will help your body recover. These tips will help you to benefit from the hunger you may experience during withdrawal:
- Healthy eating is the basis of nutritional recovery. Eat nutritious meals and snacks rather than munching on junk food.
- Eat fruit and vegetables, which contain vitamins which are important for healing.
- If you are too tired to buy or prepare fruit and vegetables, consider taking a multi-vitamin supplement.
- Include protein to repair damaged muscles.
- Drink plenty of water -- about two liters a day -- but don't overdo it!. This will help with muscle aches, and will assist your body in removing toxins.
- Eat reasonable portions. Avoid over-eating, and risking developing a substitute food addiction.
Nutritional recovery also involves replenishing nutrients that your body may have depleted during substance use. A nutritionist can advise you on this.