This is a list of ten of the most addictive pain killers on the market today. They are all synthetic or semi-synthetic opiates. Most are usually prescribed for the treatment of chronic pain. Please note, this is not a complete list, and many more addictive pain killers and other prescription medications are on the market. If you want to know about whether a medication is addictive, talk to your physician or pharmacist.
1. FentanylAvailable as a lozenge, injectable solution, or skin patch.
2. StadolAvailable as a nasal spray or injectable solution.
3. OxyContinAvailable as a tablet.
4. DemerolAvailable as an oral solution, injectable solution and oral tablet.
5. HydrocodoneAvailable as an oral syrup and oral tablet.
6. MS ContinAvailable as injectable solution, capsule, tablet, and suppository.
7. PercocetAvailable as capsule, tablet, and oral solution.
8. LorcetAvailable as a tablet, capsule, and oral solution.
9. DilaudidAvailable as an oral solution, injectable solution, tablet, and suppository.
10. ZydoneAvailable as an oral solution, capsule, and tablet.